How to pill your cat
10 basic steps to pill your cat successfully:
- Tip up the cat’s head.
- Position your forefinger and thumb on the cat’s forehead.
- Rest the tips of your forefinger and thumb on the cat’s upper lip.
- Gently press your thumb and fingertip into your cat’s mouth.
- Hold the pill in a pincer-like grip.
- Apply pressure with your forefinger to open your cat’s mouth. .
- Drop the pill into the cat’s mouth further back on the tongue.
- Hold the cat’s mouth closed until you see him swallow.
- Release the cat’s mouth.
- Follow the pill with some water.
Once the pill is successfully swallowed, offer the cat a drink and something to eat. This makes sure the pill has gone all the way down the esophagus into the stomach.
Watch video >