Reed diffusers extremely dangerous to cats

This is the story of  Dewey, an “office cat” who knocked over a reed diffuser and got severe chemichal burns in part of his belly and hind legs from the liquid in the reed diffuser.

Dewey knocked over a cinnamon reed diffuser and although he was washed up quickly and everyone  thought he was going to be OK;  it turns out he was NOT. Dewey has chemical burns over a good portion of his belly and hind legs from the liquid in the reed diffuser.

The burns did not show up for about a week or two, and we thought he was OK and was just “stained” from the liquid. That was not the case.

Picture is going to be a bit disturbing, but the word needs to get out there.

Dewey

He spent five days at the vet having his wounds debrided. They had to put him under anesthesia to do this, because it would have been too painful otherwise. This is what some of his wounds look like after he was treated at the vet — there is more on his belly and on his other leg, and this actually looks GOOD compared to what it looked like when he was taken to the vet.

Dewey will be OK, in time. BUT, what if those chemicals had spilled on his face or in his eyes? You wouldn’t think the “stuff” in a reed diffuser would cause such horrific burns, but obviously this one did.

THIS is NOT a joke. PLEASE share this with your friends.
If you have children or animals, GET RID OF YOUR REED DIFFUSERS!

Source: snopes.com

REED DIFFUSERS DANGEROUS TO CATS

If you have children or animals, GET RID OF YOUR REED DIFFUSERS!

You may also like...

Shares