When you have a fully stocked first aid kit for your cat, you’ll be prepared for anything from scratches to allergic reactions and even broken bones until you can get your cat to the vet!
These are some basic items that should be included:
- A list of important phone numbers such as your vet’s, nearest emergency vet clinic, and the Poison Control Center.
- Sterile gauze pads and bandages
- First aid tape
- Sterile gloves
- Styptic powder to stop bleeding
- A splint
- Self-activating cool packs
- Self-activating heat packs
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Nail Trimmers
- Cotton balls and swabs
- Vetwrap bandage material
- Wound wash for pets
- Blanket and towel
- Rubbing Alcohol
- A bottle of water
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Include copies of your cat’s medical records.
- If your cat has a known medical condition such as Diabetes should have Karo syrup included in the kit in case of a low blood sugar emergency.
- If your cat takes medication, pack a few days of the prescription in your first aid kit.
- Be sure to refresh the meds if they become expired.